There are big advantages in having a Drupal web design by an SEO experienced company. No matter how great your website looks, it needs to be crawlable by the search engines. It is especially advantageous to use the latest developments (currently Drupal 7). Drupal is naturally SEO friendly, and has many inherent features such as ping and clean URLs to help new pages list quickly. There are a host of contributed modules such as pathauto, nodewords and global redirect, that will further increase the accessibility of your site.
The Design and development process
Every client and company has different requirements, target groups and markets.
At Aeon Dada we follow a tried and tested ‘standard development process’, which is tailored to suit each client's individual requirements. Flexibility in our approach and methodology allows us to meet the requirements of various industries and target audiences.
This development process that we follow at Aeon Dada is outlined below:
- Gathering of all relevant detail and information
- Authoring Content
- Testing followed by delivery
- Maintenance as and when required
Experience shows the importance of information gathering prior to the creation of a successful website. This helps us understand the required look and feel of a site to be created.
The importance of this step cannot be underestimated and involves an understanding of the company that the site design will reflect as well as an understanding of the client. Business goals and aspirations are identified so that the web design also aims to achieve these.
Information gathering will involve asking quite a few questions, and this will continue until we know that we fully understand the company’s business and needs and requirements for the web site.
This will typically involve a meeting that is preceded by a questionnaire which will help form the basis of discussion at the meeting. We would define and then understand:-
- The purpose of the site? e.g will it provide information, promote a service, sell a product etc., or perhaps be a mixture of some of these.
- The ultimate goal; what the company wishes to accomplish with the website.
- The Target Group or groups that the website is aimed at. For example, it is possible that there is an “ideal” person the company wants to visit the website, if so, parameters are then identified, e.g. age range, sex, interests etc. This could then assist in determining the optimum site design.
- The companies competitors and their websites and achievements to ensure that these are bettered.
- The site content, not only the information that the company wants on the site, but also the information that visitors to the site are looking for.
In today's world of iPhones, Androids and BlackBerrys there are additional benefits if your site includes a mobile optimised theme.
A typical look through the portfolio of any prospective design agency will normally give a good indication of how their sites have been integrated into marketing and search campaigns. It is also important that that any marketing campaigns use ethical SEO as this will produce more sustainable results without the risk of penalties or wasted effort.
Why Choosing a Drupal content management system (CMS) is important
Drupal is the choice of professionals, it is open source, extremely versatile and has a powerful administrative system. There are a number of number of standard modules and others can be added as and when required, typically site search, blogs, photo galleries, user generated content areas, shopping carts, forums and more.
It is widely used in preference to commercial content management systems, which cost tens of thousands of pounds. Both can be used when a high degree of complex customisation is required, (typically a bank, and multinational company, airline or similar).
Drupal is used by governments and large corporations, examples are MTV, Sony, The Whitehouse, Universities, NASA, BBC and many more. Whilst we have our own London Drupal Developers, we also have a team in Romania who have learned their skills from, and work with one of the best, Alex Andrascu. Alex has been coding Drupal since D5, has his own modules (e.g. drupal.org/project/ad_flash) and an extensive portfolio of sites worked on including the NHS, The World Health Organisation and more.